29 7月 2013

remember

(Real day of post: 14日6月2013年, a las 12:54ぽい)

    So annoyed. Sent my russia paper to her last night, and teacher emails back saying " it was good, now do this this and that" . . . . !!!!!!!!!!! Wat da fak?! So worked on it again after waking up. Its just that i was really looking forward to waking up peacefully today and taking my time before meeting up with everyone. But then i read teacher's email, and the guys outside cutting bushes were really loud, and then ma was hitting ice. Ya. . . woke up grumpy today. So ill finish it later today after hangout. The paper.

    Probly will show up a few minutes late, but its fine.

    And then my presentation on my thesis went great. Sometimes was stuck on words that i knew in japanese but forgot in english, and words i knew in spanish but forgot the english. Or that i just forgot the word all together regardless of language. . .XD 

    Still, was able to explain everything without looking at the paper. I even surprised myself when i remembered that the 1st jp  group to go to brazil was in 16 june 1908 (or was it the 18th?), with 781 men exactly. And i think i did pretty well explaining what was hapenning in u.s, japan, and brazil around the time that i was focusing on. thats why i was reading on slavery and other stuff before 1907 cuz thats when the gentlemen's agreement act was made. (interesting point: it wasnt called the japanese exclusion act like how americans called the chinese exclusion act in 1880-something, cuz this later one involved russia.)

    Ok so back on track! Jajajj I did well. Carlos asked about why some people are covered in tatuajes. I told him that was a bit later from the time period that i was focusing on, but its an interesting notion cuz the jp immigrants that came there were all illiterate farmers. they weren't in the yakuza, so there has to be another reason for the tatuajes. The other guy asked me if i've seen the advertisments that they used. I told him i didnt cover that on the paper but i did look up on it and they looked kinda racist. . . or stereotypical and generalized.

    I had fun with this, and will continue with that topic. Then i want to move into the other countries they went to. (the dekasegi). I still had other questions that i didnt have much time to investigate.

    Otherwise, summer break starts. Wuu! And will completly ignore any calls/txts that andrew sends me. Aaaaaaaand work on book project.

    On way to city. Talk later.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...