11 4月 2013

teamwork

    Do you ever find it difficult to work with a team?
    I like working in teams. I really don't mind it.
    It's especially exciting when others are just as interested in the subject as you.
    But I feel like I have to babysit this team...

    The topic is school education system. We have things to do and I get frustrated when I am teamed up with people that ask stupid questions, don't communicate, or don't put in effort.
    We are so screwed....
They can't expect me to do all the work...

    Which reminds me, in the poli sci class, we got to discussing in detail (again about education system, but particular to japan, and other correlations) and now I understand why universities have created the Global 30 program.

    They are trying to fill in their empty seats (because their own population is declining and not many people are interested in having kids for multiple reasons), so Japan figured they could fill in those empty spots in universities with foreign students. And that way they don't have to start firing teachers/professors/etc. But from what I see with this situation is that the foreign student is waisting their time because they are expected to study there, waste some of their money on tourist activities and after that is done, go back home, because is it already extremely difficult for japanese citizens to find jobs.

    At the same time, it wasn't long ago when Japan changed their immigration system. Now it's even more difficult to stay in because it's like this: the gov awards more points to those individuals (and their immediate family members that would be accompanying them) who have skills and work experiences they value the most.
    But again, that doesn't make sense because generally people don't go to Japan to look for those high qualifying jobs, second the people they are looking at who are able to go in more easily are already around early-middle 30's. Meaning that they already have a family, so they are no help with Japan's population decline. :P But probably Japan wouldn't want that type of generation since there has always been a clear divide between us vs. them...

    Yea...I could keep talking about this for a really long time. XD And once you start adding politics, government, women issues, it gets even more complex..



    On other things, it was my mistake to ask them if they want to go to a concert. I said location, date, and time (11:30). The first one asked "wait is that at night?", and the other said "um, idk its kinda late...".
...
...
...
What do you say to that?
"No its 11:30 in the morning?"
Guess I'm going by myself. :P Jajaja. We all need a social life.
Yesterday, hung out with Jose again, but it was a really busy day. You know: those days where you are running around because you have something to turn in (that is due in the next hour), or talk to team members, go to offices, eat a late lunch really quickly, figuring out when to hang out with other people, etc.. Feeling accomplished but exhausted at the same time. And was still able to get back home and eat piñas and work-out.

    I like staying busy. Whether it's doing work that I like to do or being with people that add happiness to my life. Or having those relaxing days. Either way,  its nice. :)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...