23 5月 2013

Confianza

(Real day of post: 8日5月2013年, a las 11:52)



    This morning is so strange. Only because i stayed up last night till 3 am! And i was able to wake up like normal. . . Any other day I probably would have woken up with difficulty. But not this day. Not this morning.

    With only 4 hours of sleep, and i'm fine?!!?!?!?!! How does that even work?
I'm not extremely excited for anything..... I mean i do have plenty of things to look forward (especially this end of the week), but it's not something where I can say "I'm too excited to go to sleep". . .
 
    I took a morning shower, did morning exercise, have small breakfast: i did scrambled eggs with shredded cheese, and hummus, in a wrap (with a GAS stove, not electric one. i can't play with fire with an electric one. :P plus it's harder for me at least to tell how hot something is).But,

    4 hours of sleep and I can still function normally?
    Did i get superpowers like Nao?
    Or like my teachers (which are all japanese except for one) would say, SUPA PAWA!
    My jp teachers are actually more fun because we students can hang out with them afterwards for drinks, or text them to ask a question. So it feels more personal. This also happens with some young teachers.


    Ah.
Just got a text from K. He says,
    "this week seriously needs to end. . .".

 


    Anyway, today will be a long day so i hope i can stay awake through all of it with 4 hours of sleep. . . I have another midterm, and a book review to talk about in the night class. We also had to finish the book on Masako.

    That story was seriously depressing! It's about a very smart woman who has worked her way to work into the ministry of international affairs but says yes when prince Naruhito proposes to her (after trying to avoid him for years), and she ends up having serious problems with depression because of her life in the imperial court. She's only 1 year older than my own mother. Masako was born on 1963. The book is called "Princess Masako: Prisoner of the Chrysanthemum Throne". It was banned in Japan for a while.

    Ooh! And I'm suppose to go 'lunchin' with the girl from my screenwriting class. Yesterday i didn't get much chance to talk to new people to practice my 'social skills' with guys (girls can count too, but i'm not bi or lezbo so it's not hard to talk to random girls. well its not hard to talk to guys, its just i'm thinking different things when it comes to complete strangers), and this girl is also easy to talk to so it should be easy for us to talk to strangers. :)
    The other day (monday) I asked myself, "if matthew hussey was sitting right next to me what would he tell me?", and so I just went up to a random guy in the subway and asked how he liked his book (he was reading 1Q84 by Murakami Haruki). ALWAYS talk to someone on their ipad, laptop, reading a book, or checking their phone.

    I think the other things were there, I just needed a little confidence boost to come up to strangers.





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...