01 11月 2013

そして父になる

本当のポストした日:26日10月2013年09:58時っぽい

    The other day I went with my teacher, another student (who I didn't know), and Jose to watch this movie. There were other people that were gonna see the movie but they were going on a Saturday; we were going on a Wednesday. (A theater in downtown Chicago) And it was not a mystery that me and my teacher were crying towards the end of the movie. (Although she was crying a whole lot more than I did. . . XD)

    After the movie, we walked a little bit and my teacher asked us what we thought about the situation. I wasn't sure what to say, so then she said "my husband said it was crazy to switch back your kids".
    We (me and Jose) both agreed. I said something like "I wouldn't switch back the kids, I would just make them all a bigger family. Join the two families, because as a parent I dunno if I could ignore the other child. I would be wondering as to who they are. And when they grow up, and if they learn that the parents they always lived with are not their real parents, maybe they will try to find their biological parents because they have questions. So I think it's better also for the kids if both families just become one family."

    I said that because for kids, the only thing that's important to them is time. ^^ And if something goes wrong with their family they will always blame themselves. Can you imagine your son/daughter finding you when they are older and asking you "why did you not look for me? Why did you leave me?".




    But to clarify some things, this is a movie about 2 couples who find out that their son is not their biological son, and go through the decision of whether to switch them or not. One family is super uptight. The house looks like a freakin' hotel with a dad working for a big architectural company and a housewife, while the other like in a smaller place where they have to share pretty much everything and the dad is a electrical technician (i think) that owns a shop and the mom looks like she works at a small bento-making place. Personally I like the 2nd family I mentioned. They don't have tons of money, but they are happy. ^^

    The other family (they are on the left of the poster) seemed so distant with their son. . . . and the guy wasn't the greatest father or husband. >___> I'd prefer my husband to be home more often than to always think about his job. . .




    Actually I remember my host family, the dad was like . . . . . never home. I wondered how the mom dealt with that, and what the kids thought. There were a few nights in the weekends when he was there but he felt like a total stranger to me. ^^'' I did think it was sweet of her to wait for him at night but I wondered how she stayed awake. . .jajaja. (cuz he would return home at like 11pm!!!)

    Anyways, great movie. ^^ I recommend it. 

    Even in class we were discussing what we think of the japanese title and the english title. All of us liked the japanese title better because it expresses the message of the movie. The english one seemed to care more about a small aspect of the movie and come from a different perspective. The movie was clearly from the fathers' perspective and how he is Becoming A Father (which is the translation I provided :3) and not necessarily pointing out similarities or differences. 


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...