19 10月 2013

結婚式

本当のポストした日:19日10月2013年20:05時っぽい

    Be ready for a lot of mini posts today, because I have a LOT to say. :P
I was just reading this little thing (about how not to make an idiot of yourself at a japanese wedding), and I realized how I've never been to a wedding. XD I was invited to one but couldn't go. . . So I have nothing to compare japanese weddings with.

    I guess its like how I never took a subway until I went to Japan. It was my 1st time going into a subway and all that stuff, so when I went back and had to take 'subways' in Chicago, there is no contest. ^^'' I was utterly shocked for a few weeks but I have managed to not think about it anymore. . .to some extent.
    I still smile to myself when people complain about full trains, and how there isn't much space. . . There is totally a bunch of space!

    But anyways, back to the wedding thing. I wonder what changes legally when you marry someone in Japan. Do people keep their names, do they change them? If they change them is it both people or just one person? What about families? I've always seen as marriage as one of those "ok so now your family is my family, and I have to deal with you now. . ." situations. What do you wear to a wedding? How do you prepare for one?
    I have no clue how people do it in US either so I am soooo out of my element here. I truly know nothing. ^^''

    I knew about the presents (money), and people making speeches. . . But it isn't until you are experience it, that you can truly talk about it.

20日10月2013年のUpdate:

    I learned that my friend is engaged, and I asked her a bunch of questions. :3 I think she is learning as she goes through the process, but it was interesting to get her take on it. What we mostly think as a marriage is really just the ceremony part. I can go to the legal office tomorrow, sign a paper where we both get married, and still have a wedding ceremony like a month later. Cool stuff. . .cool stuff.




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...