15 5月 2014

Women and Equality



http://japaneseruleof7.com/japanese-women-and-work/

    I read this post and there were 2 things that stuck out to me. 1) I do believe Americans emphasize "equality" in relationships. 2) Japan as a matriarchial society. 

1) There is no equality in any relationship. In fact, the woman has more power than the guy in any relationship. It just wouldn't work the other way around. In other words, her happiness comes first. If she's happy, then your life will be happy. Yea he should be happy too and they should both consider each others feelings but you know that you should just say yes to what she says. :P

So it's not equality. 
It's like a balance beam. 
Sometimes she shows her strengths and other times he is allowed to show his strengths by her. ^^

2) Japan to me doesn't seem like a matriarchial society. To my understanding, it's still patriarchial. I'm not serving you a drink because I'm a girl. I'll serve you a drink when you need it but out of my kindness. And don't expect me to do it for you all the time. Womens' names are changed in marriage. Children only receive their fathers last name. Women don't have many advancing opportunities at work compared to men.

    There isn't sufficient support for day-care centers. Maternity leave is like one of the worsts I have ever heard. I'm actually really worried that if I have kids in Japan. . . . and cuz I don't have my family around me I can't depend on my brother to babysit for me, so . . . . . . .what do I do? >_<


    If something goes wrong with your child, some women will still comment on how it was the mothers fault. Daughters tend to be spoiled or "very protected", if you want to call it that, verses sons are treated differently. (To me it looks like spoiled.) Many women may feel scared to yell for help when some creepy stranger is feeling up their skirt in a crowded train. (Don't deny it. You know it happens.)

    Ghosts tend to be women (reflected on how badly they have been treated in their living life). There is an ideal age range to get married that is younger compared to western standards of when a woman "should"* marry. (Men tend to prefer younger women.) 

* Using the word 'should' with caution. 

     Then again I'm Puerto Rican and we are VERY matriarchial so my views are not even the same as American standards. 


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...