15 5月 2014

Reading Response



    I remember when I went back to US after 2010, and thought this same thing. People will actually not just point you the way to what you want to find but also WALK and SHOW you where it is. Verses in US, well, you're lucky if you find even one person willing to do I dunno . . . their job in customer assistance. There's been plenty of times where I find employees chatting it on with a customer that isn't really there to look for something. (Another reason I don't like shopping with my mom. She pretty much demands me to go look for someone. I would rather just look for it myself.)
 
     In Puerto Rico the customer service is even worse. Employees are ALWAYS TALKING TO EACH OTHER. Like a full on conversation. But I don't really care about this. It's your job as the customer to interrupt their conversation and start asking them what it is you want to get.

     One thing I do like about shopping for shoes in US is how the shoes (and all the sizes available) are displayed right under the display shoe. I get annoyed if I have to ask the employee all the time, just to find me the shoe, ask what sizes they have, oh wait, this size is too big or I want to try it in a different color. It's like I'm making them do all this work, and I also don't want to shop WITH them. I just want to do it quick: see the shoe I like, try it on, if it doesn't fit move on, if it does then think a little more.

    And I like shoe shopping. :3 So I want to try in different colors. Depending on the shoe, a different size (bigger or smaller) may be better. It goes on much quicker if I have all the shoes in front of me rather than asking the person to go get them while I wait, etc. I felt like that makes the process longer and more about waiting than actually trying on shoes. . .



    Read this too. Frankly I don't really care about this topic. I'm only interested in blood types from a scientific perspective, and genetics. Otherwise, I can't really be bothered with it. Interesting, but meeeh, just not interesting ENOUGH to me.



    Read this and also thought more or less around the same line as this blogger. You say greetings in Japanese and someone will praise you for it. I understand the whole polite thing but (just my opinion of course) I prefer honesty (in a way where you can tell me and not hurt my feelings or be a total ass about it) rather than politeness. So I always kind of ignore when this does happen to me. When it does happen, I just say "ok" and change the topic. Don't need politeness.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...