13 1月 2014

Tutoring and homework

本当のポストした日:13日1月2013年01:45っぽい

     Finally finished my animation homework. Done in one day (a few hours. . . . . maybe 2 - 2.5 hours?). And then I looked at the student list of my animation class. I think the teacher scared off some students because now there are only 10 students. ^^'''

     Anyway, here it is. Project was to answer this question --> "how heavy is it?".


     I didn't have time to fix my printer, so I couldn't do the drawings on paper and did it in Photoshop instead. But then I found out that there is something wrong with my photoshop. (not a big deal, but will have to fix this week). 
     Kinda tired right now. . . .

     Was also tutoring Jose in japanese. He still needs a lot of practice with long sentences, noun modification, some vocab, and mostly grammar. He will have to review some grammar that he learned in the first japanese classes. This way long sentences will not become so difficult and he come to easily understand this ---> カップにお湯を入れて3分待てば食べられるカップラーメンは、値段のやさ、簡単さ、種類の多さ等で、特に若者に人気が高く、一人暮らしをしている日本の学生の中には、カップラーメンに毎日のようにお世話になっている人もいると聞きます。

     I also asked if there is anything I can improve in (as a teacher/tutor). So far I am doing a good job. ^^ Later I will have to think of 'how to explain more with more difficult things'. Otherwise he told me I have amazing patience, and being able to break things down (make things easier with a lot of little steps) in order to understand.

     I hope I can become better. >_< Annie said with younger students you just need a lot of energy. Hmmmm . . .

     Suddenly I remember my teachers in Kyoto. The last day of school, after our "graduation" I was the last student to leave. (I forgot how to fold my yukata, so I asked my teacher. ^^''') So I was still folding my yukata and my other teacher Shingo showed up and said, "wo. you're still here?!". I said, "yes. I didn't want messy clothes". So he said he would go with me to the train station (he had to go to the same station but different stop). 

     So then you know, take slippers off, put my shoes on, Shingo walks ahead (we always walk through the shrine. its prettier scenery. plus i liked that shrine. I always waved at the people working in there. XD ), and I say goodbye to my teacher (like an ACTUAL FOREVER goodbye), turn to leave but then I hear her say something. I don't know what she said, but she said something. And I turn around and see her crying, and then I start crying like crazy. 

     I mean like. . . . . the biggest tears in my life. So we are hugging each other and crying together. After a little bit she tells me, "you should leave now". (she knew a little english so I could talk with her) So I say , "yes", look down and turn my back to her. I stop and then just walk away.

     That was the first time in my life when I turned around when leaving. And the first time when I truly cried, AND in front of someone at that! I dunno. Of course, there were some rude people in Japan. There are rude people everywhere. But I had some really good memories. *^^* That was one of them.

     I like to believe that during that trip Japan made my heart softer.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...