26 8月 2012

Lasik and Knots

     Hello again!! :D :D
     So I have been on my summer break, by the way : awesome! I got lasik surgery and it's so cool. I can see all the time! I can actually see myself in the shower and see all the details of my boring bathroom. But now I have a bit of a headache. It's like I feel I want to take off my contacts or glasses so I can feel comfortable again. Think about it. I started wearing glasses when I was in 5th grade, and gradually I got to a -4.75 vision on both eyes. A little bit more and I would be considered legally blind. Now after the surgery I've gotten back to almost a 20/20 vision instantaneously and gives me a headache right now. 
     Still I am still glad I got the surgery and am doing fine in everyday things. If anyone out there, who needs to wear glasses or contacts all the time, definitely think about it. I recommend it.

     Moving on!

     I'm back to doing my friendship bracelets, and this time I want to do something even more difficult. I've made more difficult bracelets with more complex patterns, but doing a bracelet itself is pretty easy. So I've decided to do a little bag. I mostly use this website to get my patterns, and change the colors whenever I think the ones posted are kind of ugly..., but the site also has tutorials. So I looked around and found this! (The picture on the left) It's a macrame bag, and I feel in love with it. Obviously you can change the colors of the patters and what not, but I figured THIS IS THE CHALLENGE I NEED! 
     No more boring bracelets and doing like...5 a day, to then move on to the next one. So I'm just saying I'm going to spend a lot of time doing this. Below I have posted all the sources I will be using and then when I am done, I will let you know how it came out and show you some awesome pictures. Maybe I'll decide to do a zipper instead (with my moms help of course cuz I don't know shit about zippers).

This is where all the details are shown, but I'm going to repost for my own purposes:
Mandala Flower Tutorial (for the bottom of the bag)
Plaid Pattern Tutorial (for the surrounding of the bag)
Square Knot Pattern Tutorial (for the circles around the bag: makes it look like a basket)

Leave Bracelet Tutorial (don't really know what part this is for)
Tube Bracelet Tutorial (already know how to do this, but again don't know what it's for)


Picture References:
 
1: Flower Pattern
2: Closing the flower pattern into a circle pattern
3: Doing the bracelet, but starting sideways since it's attached to the circle
4: make the little buckles with a different string (use scissors and possibly hot glue)
5: Begin with a separate bracelet to use as the handle for the bag.
6: Done


I've also looked at the profile of the person who made this, and found some other cool stuff that I would also like to do. For example:Single Leaf Pattern/FlowerButterfly PatternBracelet with Wire UnderneathCellphone Bag.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...