19 1月 2015

ALT Training: Tuberculosis Check-up


     Here is another detail I forgot to mention in the previous post - - ->

     In training we are required to get an x-ray to check for tuberculosis. Apparently in Japan there was a huge number of it during the pre-war era. And it died down after the war but came back up again.

Does anyone even know what that is?

     Maybe it's just me being part of a young generation that just gets a vaccine for it, 'cuz I've never heard of it until training. I even told my mom about it and she said that it was even rare when she was a kid.

     So yet another thing that Japan is behind on. Seriously, vaccines makes the world a better place. I even got a chicken-pox vaccine, so never got 'em.

     Regardless, I didn't have time to do it during training and had to do it on my own after training. One of the ladies in the office even asked me if I wanted to set up the meeting on my own or not. Well, my medical lingo is not up to par in Japanese, so of course they had to help. All I did was just show up, wait 30 minutes until they opened, and be totally lost in his super fast Japanese.

     It was the first time I saw such a dirty and run-down facility. I'm so used to American hospitals where everyone and everything is clean, no smoking, everything is new and up to date. Yet this place, didn't even clean their walls, part of the paint on the doors was coming off. And the room had no heating, and looked like a possible murder scenario. It was shocking. I have high cleaning standards even to my American counterparts, though I consider them normal, but this was just unacceptable for a doctors clinic.
     I don't care how little it may be, and how much in the bunnies it is. It's a medical institution and it needs to be clean for very obvious reasons. And no smoking.

     That last one is just common sense.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...